Viking Voyage Review
Vikings are a theme we often see in online slots, and this is Betsoft’s second one. These tough men play the leading role in this slot machine, and you will certainly see that in the game. Betsoft has been trying out more and more different types of games in recent years, but is still searching. Read below what you can expect from this game, and what we think of it.
RTP en Variance
The RTP, or return to player, for this game is 96,12%. This means that the casino returns this percentage of all bets back to the players. The volatility or variance is low. A low volatility means that you win more frequently, but smaller amounts.
In the background you can see all kinds of ships so that the theme of the game is well reflected. We are also talking about a slot machine of 5 reels and 3 rows, which also concerns the playing field. To the left and right of the playing field it is indicated that there are 243 possible ways to win, and the rest of the options can be found at the bottom. From left to right you will find here: The menu, explanation of the game, your balance, your bet, Double Up feature, the amount you win, the ‘spin’ button, the autoplay function, and the ‘Buy a Bonus’ feature.
How does Viking Voyage work?
Normally Betsoft uses the system where you determine the number of paylines, the number of coins per payline, and the value of this coin. In this game they have left that and you just play it with one bet per spin. There are 10 paylines in this game, which you can form from the first reel. Furthermore, the game works as you are used to from a similar slot machine, and you are therefore hoping for nice combinations or perhaps reaching the bonus round.
How do you play Viking Voyage?
The betting range is between $ 0.10 and $ 10, and this is the first step you should take. Choose from a number of intermediate values which one suits you best, and the game can begin. In addition, make a choice about using the autoplay function. After this the game can start, and you can win prizes by forming combinations on the paylines. When you manage to collect enough bonus symbols, you will unlock the bonus round! The ‘Buy a Bonus’ feature gives you the option to buy directly this round, so you skip the basic game.
The Symbols / The Prices
We divide the symbols into different categories based on their payouts. Below is a list of these categories and the necessary information:
- The basic symbols consist of five card symbols, and these pay the least. When you form combinations with this, you often only get back a little more than your bet, and sometimes not.
- The medium paying symbols consist of a number of Vikings attributes, such as a helmet and an ax. These symbols already pay out a bit better than the basic symbols, and the maximum prize is 200x your bet per payline.
- You also have three premium symbols consisting of three different Vikings. The one with the red mustache pays out by far the most, and can give you a maximum of 1,000x your bet per payline. The other 2 premium symbols also pay out well, as they allow you to take 400x your bet per payline.
- The wild symbol makes it easier to form combinations, as it can replace any other symbol. Only the bonus symbol can of course not be replaced by this.
- The bonus symbol consists of a ship, and with this you can unlock the bonus round. You must then collect enough of these symbols.
This ‘feature’ plays up when you spin a ‘stacked version’ of the wild, where there are three wilds on 1 symbol. Then you will receive a respin!
You unlock the bonus round by spinning a bonus symbol on both the first and the last reel (1 and 5), and for this you get 12 spins with multiplier x3. Outside of the multiplier, the bonus round works the same as the basic game. The ‘Wild Respin’ also applies in this round and when you spin 2 bonus symbols you will receive another 12 spins.
Buy a bonus feature
You can also choose to pay 70x your normal bet and buy the bonus round immediately. This way you skip the basic game and you immediately participate for the big prizes. We find it difficult to say whether the RTP will also improve with this feature. The more gold coins you collect during the game, the lower the price of this feature will be.
Max win & Rating
The maximum profit of ‘Viking Voyage’ is 4,713.15 euros, and this is quite on the low side. Of course this has to do with the fact that it is a low variant slot machine, so you take a prize a little more often. We give the game a score of 2/5 stars.
In itself the game works fine and it is certainly fun to try, but it has few special things. We therefore think that the game will get boring pretty quickly. The maximum profit is also very low, which can also be an obstacle for many.